Frequently Asked Questions

What is a Registered Play Therapist?

A Registered Play Therapist is a mental health professional that completed at least 150 hours of additional play therapy training after their initial licensure. A Registered Play Therapist has had additional supervision regarding using play therapy to help children and is required to continue obtaining play therapy specific training every three years.
The Registered Play Therapist, Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor and School Based Registered Play Therapist (SB-RPT) credentials are conferred by the Association for Play Therapy. Learn more by visiting

How long will it take?

Each individual client is different with unique circumstances so there is no “standard” length of treatment. The length of time therapy can take will be a factor of personal goals, commitment to the therapeutic process, and ongoing trauma/challenges.

Do you offer sliding scale rates?

At this time, a sliding fee scale is not available. However, I do accept all major insurance plans as well as Montana Medicaid. I am not able to accept out of state Medicaid at this time.